SALT is made up of selected individuals (ages 16-29) who volunteer themselves for one week of ministry to children during the annual LA District Kids Camp. The camp dates are Monday through Friday, June 3th-7th. All applicants must be able to attend the SALT training weekend prior to camp, May 31st-June 2nd. You will receive invaluable leadership training by highly qualified instructors. Plus, you will have the unique joy of having touched the lives of children in ways that will impact them for life. This camp is all about serving kids. We must have a safe and secure campus for all children.
As a SALT volunteer, you will be provided a place to stay and meals. There is no other remuneration than the satisfaction of serving God through ministry to children.
Have questions? Please feel free to contact us at lasaltmedia(at)gmail.com.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SALT 2019
March 16: Application available
April 8: Regular Registration ends
April 9: Late Registration begins (Fee increases to $100)
April 15: Final Registration Deadline
May 31-June 2: SALT training weekend
June 3-7: Kids Camp 2019
THE PROCESS FOR APPLYING IS AS FOLLOWS
- Applicant must turn 16 by June 1, 2019 per LA District UPC.
- Download the Confidential Questionnaire. (Below)
- Fill out Confidential Questionnaire and make sure it is signed by both you and your pastor. Your application will not be reviewed if the form is incomplete.
- Fill out the online application below. Make sure you press submit after answering all questions and uploading your photo and Confidential Questionnaire. Upon clicking submit, you will be directed to the payment page. Submit payment via check, money order, or PayPal.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon submission of your application. If you do not see an email, check your spam. If you have not received a confirmation email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Application Question.”
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email after the application process is closed and all applications have been reviewed. Please make sure your email address is valid.
- The District Sunday School Department will approve all selections.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING
- Confidential questionnaire (to be read only by the coordinator and Sunday School Director)
- A recent photo of yourself
- Fee of $75.00. Fee increases to $100 after April 8.
Your registration is not complete until payment for fees is received. Payment is accepted via check, money order, or PayPal. Select “check” or “PayPal” at the bottom of your application. Upon submitting application, you will be directed to the payment page where you can pay via PayPal.
Check: Check or money order must be payable to SALT. If your check is postmarked after April 9, you must pay the $100 late fee.
Mail all checks to:
3020 Madonna Dr.
Alexandria, LA 71301
PayPal: Click the “Pay via PayPal” button on the payment page. IMPORTANT: In “notes to seller”, write the name of the applicant(s) that the fee is for. You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. (Note: There is a $3 convenience fee to pay via PayPal.)